The University of Cyprus (UCY) was officially founded in 1989. The University has five faculties, Pure and Applied Sciences, Economics and Management, Humanities and Social Sciences, Letters and the recently formed Faculty of Engineering. The Department of Computer Science, belonging to the Faculty of Pure and Applied Sciences, is one of the most active Departments of the University. The Department is very active in the areas of information technology and communications, while it has also been very active in attracting funding and since Cyprus joined the E.U. it has participated in over 150 projects funded by various frameworks of the European Union. The overall funding is currently at the level of about 30 MEUROs.The University of Cyprus participates in the wINGS Erasmus+ project through the Software Engineering and Internet Technologies (SEIT) Laboratory, an integral part of the Department of Computer Science. SEIT focuses its research activities on two important areas of Information Technology, namely Software Engineering and Internet Technologies. In the second area, the Laboratory concentrates on the development of ICT-enabled Creativity and Enhanced Learning Environments, platforms and tools for implementing Health monitoring and support services, Smart and Personalised services for Elders and Assistive Technologies for people with disabilities. SEIT has extensive experience in the area of applying ICT (Information and Communication Technologies) to e-Learning, m-Learning and Open and Distance Learning in general as well as Life Long Learning in particular. This expertise is both at technical level and at developing policies and qualification frameworks for such activities.
Regarding only the Erasmus+ related themes, SEIT has coordinated two Erasmus+ projects, VeLoCiTy, World-of-Physics (begun in 2016), currently coordinates three Erasmus+ projects, DiFens, IDEA (begun in 2017), and wINGS (begun in 2018), and also participates in five more: EASIER, EPUM, ELSE, AT-SGIRES and SENSE. SEIT has also participated in 13 Leonardo da Vinci projects, 3 EUMEDIS projects, 2 FP (Framework Programs), 1 INCO-DC and 3 projects funded by national funds. It has also participated in the EMUNI project and the VUSCC initiative, both related to policy making or reform and qualifications accreditation, as well as in the Interreg IVC project Innofun, on developing policies for entrepreneurship and innovation.
Instalofi Levante S.L. (FyG Consultores) is a Spanish private, high-level training enterprise, specialized in business development and innovative solutions related, among others, with the provision of training courses to SME’s, entrepreneurs and Start-Ups. Founded in 2001, FyG counts with international presence, helping companies to define strategies that allow them to grow in foreign markets. FyG also acts actively as an education and training company promoting and enhancing the development of adults and disadvantaged groups.In recent years, FyG has developed and implemented a number of European international cooperation projects with Erasmus+ and COSME programme, dealing with enterprise creation and development, employability, management, Start Ups training, internationalization, Gamification and Innovation of the Entrepreneurial Training. Today, FYG collaborates together with a wide range of economic actors, both public and private.
- BFE has trained and certified over 1000 career counsellors;
- established network of 37 university career centers;
- helped launch regional career development centers for pupils and employed people;
- piloted school Career Clubs, which were multiplied nationally by the Ministry of Education as a school career guidance model;
- took part in the development of the National interactive school career guidance curriculum;
- developed internship methodology which was adopted in the public administration, higher education and private companies;
- implemented national career surveys among young people and students;
- coordinated and took part in more than 40 European and national projects directed to personal and career development, entrepreneurship, social inclusion and innovative training methods.
BFE will bring to the WINGS project its experience in exploiting the potential of game based learning in career and entrepreneurship education:
- FUTURE Time Traveller game in 3D VLE helps the Generation Z explore the jobs of the future;
- Open Mind – promoting social entrepreneurship through a gamified open online course (MOOC);
- Velocity – simulating job interviews in a 3D virtual learning environment;
- Level Up – using an interactive game to promote VET and many others.
INOVA+ is the Portuguese leading company in the promotion and management of international projects of Innovation, Education and Training and Research and Technological Development. Counting with 20 years of experience, INOVA+ employs a highly-qualified team of more than 85 consultants based in offices all over Europe: Matosinhos (headquarters), Lisbon, Brussels, Heidelberg and Warsaw.The International Unit is composed by a highly-qualified team with large experience in coordinating and managing EU-funded projects and initiatives to deliver effective and sustainable solutions. The range of competences includes monitoring of opportunities, partner search, proposal writing, project management and coordination, research and needs analysis, policy analysis, development of training materials and contents, networking, evaluation, event planning and organization, communication and dissemination, exploitation and transference of results. INOVA+ has participated in over 100 European projects, a large range of programs and has coordinated over 30 projects.
Bit cz training is a Czech private company founded in 2005. Bit cz training has extensive experience in the field of educating youth/adults in employment measures. It has enough experience in national and international projects as well as with the development of learning materials, teaching methods and ICT expertise.
The main activities are aimed at:
- developing “tailor made” educational programmes for management skills and developing consulting conceptions in the free market for clients from industrial enterprises and public service institutions as well as not-for-profit organisations by way of analysing educational needs;
- preparing and realizing educational courses and seminaries;
- developing, pilot testing innovations which support job market acceleration;
- realization of projects within the scope of EU initiatives – from the early stages of project idea development, drawing up a project application, project and financial management, to evaluation.